This 11-minute video is about vaccine safety and the reasons why it is important for direct support professionals to get vaccinated.
The video includes:
• The reasons why people with intellectual developmental disabilities are more vulnerable medically and have increased chances of getting a serious illness if they get COVID-19
• How the vaccine was developed quickly, compared to other vaccines
• How the vaccine works in the body, including what to expect when you get vaccinated
• How the virus can be passed to vulnerable people
• Reasons to get vaccinated even if you have already had COVID-19 • Long COVID-19, and how it affects the body
• How COVID-19 can affect pregnancy Produced by the Institute on Community Integration at the University of Minnesota.